We continue our BURLAP WEEK here at
It's A Good Day with another fun and e.a.s.y
craft using burlap and fabric.
We started the week with these No-Sew Burlap Curtains:
Our second burlap craft is that fun little art piece
hung in between the curtains.
Here's what you need to make your very own:
- Burlap scraps
- Coordinating fabric scraps
- Coordinating scrapbook paper
- Ribbon for stem
- Coordinating Button
- Art canvas or other blank surface to mount on
- Hot glue, thread, needle
This isn't even worthy of being called a "tutorial" - it's that easy.
- I used different size plates to trace and cut out varying sized circles in the burlap and fabric scraps
- Layer the fabric circles on top of each other, largest to smallest
- Sew together with a button
- I added a few stitches at the back of the burlap to "pucker" it a bit to add interest
- Hot glue down your ribbon for the stem
- Cut out some leafs from your scrapbook paper and glue to the stem
- Glue down your flower
- I also glued down the edges of some of the other flower layers so they would not flap/fold down when you stand up the canvas
- DONE and done!
Sorry for weird lighting above!
I can imagine a lot of variations and embellishments to
this project. If you take a stab at it, please share photos
of your creations with me!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I'm linked up over at: