Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

Every Thursday here at It's A Good Day
I'm taking the opportunity to reflect on
things I am thankful for. And you can too!

Since we didn't have any takers for the
linky option last week, I'm going to make
this easy and just let you leave a comment
about what you're thankful for this week.
Easy peasy.

This week, I'm feeling extra grateful for
my husband, Eric. At the end of this month
we'll have been together 12 years...married 8.
It's funny. I think back and realize what BABIES
we were when we got married. Thinking we had
it all figured out. But we've really sort of finished
growing up together (are you really done growing?).

I don't think I've talked about this a lot on here,
but Eric is a professional stage manager in theatre.
He's currently chasing a career goal of working on
Broadway...and he's CLOSE! I'm so proud of him.
But if we're being honest, I have a love/hate
relationship with his career. It's like a third person
in our marriage. It means a lot of time apart.
It's easy for me to get jealous of the short time we
sometimes have together. Challenged to be a single
parent when he's gone. Lonely when Emma's in bed
and it's just me and my crafts and my cat. :)

Last week we learned that some of our dearest
friends are facing some very hard challenges in
their marriage. It's scary and my heart hurts for them.
But I've seen my husband step up and be a great
friend, giving advice and wisdom, but mostly being
a wonderful listener and shoulder to cry on.
I'm proud of him.

I'm also thankful for the way he is 100% present
when he not away working. He loves our daughter
so sweetly. They are a pair, those two!
He helps around the house without complaint.

But one of the things about my husband for which
I am most thankful is the way he's always aware of
me needing a break. I often argue that "I'm fine."
He sees otherwise and makes sure I have a chance
to go to an extra MOPS meeting, out with girlfriends,
get a day at home alone to work on crafts, or schedules
a date night just in the nick of time. He's good at that.

Twelve years together and I don't think I'd know
how to live without him. Now our little family of
three is like Act II in our little family musical.

"A cord of three strands is not easily broken."
Ecclesiastes 4:12

Now it's your turn.
What's got you feeling grateful today?
Leave a comment and share!


No comments:

Post a Comment