Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oh, What a Good Day It Is...



I've been thinking a lot lately
about change...
and the future...
and possibilities.

Today I had lunch with someone I feel will
most certainly become one of those who can
be marked as a catalyst for change in my life.

I don't like change. It scares me.
Strange enough, possibility scares me.
It brings with it chance for both success AND failure.
And that gives me the heebie jeebies.

But I believe God works in and through people
to help us be who He wants us to be...
beyond our own self-assigned capabilities.

I'm certain God knows me better than I do,
and so He knows I need someone other than myself
to encourage me to embrace some possibilities
on the horizon.

This friend who I lunched with today offered to,
for lack of a better term, mentor me along
this winding road of potential change.
What a blessing and a gift!

Now, for those of you Curious Georges, this mostly
has to do with developing my graphic design business.
But that could, down the road, bring other life changes.
Which, again, are both exciting and scary.

Several Bible verses have been in my head lately,
I'm sure not at all by coincidence, and
have been great comforts to me as a reminder
that God knows what I'm going through!

This is the day that the Lord has made,
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Do not fear, for I am with you.
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will uphold you with my righteous hand.
Isaiah 41:10

I can do ALL things through
Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

  1. I also want to encourage you in your dreams, as long as you put Jesus first He will take care of the rest. I want to leave you with this scripture Jeremiah 29:11, one of my favorites in times of the unknown. Have a great week and may you be richly blessed!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete