Thursday, December 10, 2009

Crafters First Aid: Super Glue!


I heard the neatest tip this morning from
a gal I work with who used to be a nurse for
years and years. She was in hunt of
Super Glue to fix a paper cut.  

"WHAT?!" I said.  "Isn't that stuff toxic?"

She explained that the super sticky stuff
was originally used as a sealant during veterinary
surgeries and later discovered to work on any
wet-tissue situation...including bones and, 
in her words, "holding brains together."  Ha! 

I know.  Wow, right?

I don't know about all of that, but I found
this quote on MotherNature.com:
"It's really the best thing there is,"
says Rodney Basler, M.D., a dermatologist and
assistant professor of internal medicine at the
University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha.
"It eliminates pain in about three seconds,
because it immediately stops the air
from hitting nerve endings--and air touching
the nerves is what causes the pain.
Just place a drop on the cut
and repeat it the following day."

What a great tip to have in your arsenal
the next time your craft knife slips or
those pesky scrapbook papers get unruly.

No comments:

Post a Comment