Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Potty Time!

Party / Potty
It's all the same to me!

This face pretty much sums
up the excitement going on in
this house in last few days.

We've been letting her do this at
her own pace. No formal "training"
really. Weird? I know I'm crazy,
but I've not been in any huge hurry.
I have this strange notion that once
she's out of diapers the baby in her
will be truly gone. I'm not ready.

So, we've been letting her take the lead.

Tonight, with me waiting outside the
bathroom with the door closed because
she wants to "do by self, Mama"
I hear her say "I stinky in the potty."
Sure enough. Success. Holy moly.

I was on the phone with my sister at
the time. I think she thought I had just
discovered I'd won the lottery.

Despite my unwillingness to let
her grow up -- this was a great night.
She was so proud.

Next step - BIG GIRL panties.
Am I ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment